Gabel Associates, Inc. is an energy, environmental and public utility consulting firm with its principal office in Highland Park, New Jersey.
For over 20 years, Gabel Associates has provided highly focused energy consulting services and strategic insight to its clients. The firm has applied its expertise to improve the bottom line for hundreds of clients involved in virtually every sector of the energy industry. The firm has built its reputation on its extensive knowledge and rigorous analysis of energy markets. We have successfully assisted public and private sector clients implement energy plans and projects that reduce costs and enhance environmental quality.
The firm possesses strong economic, financial, project development, technical, and regulatory knowledge. Gabel Associates is a subject matter expert with complementary expertise in three disciplines:
- End-use customer applications to reduce energy costs and enhance sustainability
- Wholesale power market and transmission grid analysis
- Policy and regulatory analysis
Steven Gabel, the President of Gabel Associates, started the firm in 1993 with the goal of providing a wide range of economic, technical, regulatory and marketplace services to the energy and environmental industries. He previously served as Electric Division Director at the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (NJBPU) and as the Director of the Division of Solid Waste Management at the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and NJBPU.
Robert Chilton, Executive Vice President and co-owner, joined the firm in 2000 after serving as the Director of the Energy Division at NJBPU, where he led the NJBPU’s staff in New Jersey’s highly successful industry restructuring effort. In addition to his strong regulatory background, Mr. Chilton brings advanced analytical skills to project issues.
The firm provides specialized consulting support on a wide range of energy matters including:
- Renewable energy, energy efficiency, and traditional generation project analysis and development
- Wholesale power markets and grid issues
- Comprehensive economic, financial, and marketplace analysis and modeling
- Energy procurement
- Project facilitation services during implementation
- Regulatory and policy analysis including providing expert testimony